January 2, 2007

mmm, food

about 2 blocks from my place there is a corner, with lights and crosswalks and all sorts of cool stuff nearby. If I don't cross at the light, but go right instead, about 100 yards away is a huge bike store. across the big road from the bike store is a supermarket and a "mall".

lots of other usefull stuff across the streets, too, like bars, and liquor stores, and more supermarkets. But most important of all is that, by crossing to the left, I can go 20 yards and hit burger king, crossing twice I can go about 40 yards and hit this really cool place called burger fuel (home of the $20 burger/ fries/ shake meal). or I can just keep going straight, crossing only one road, and run right into a kebab shop.

This is bad. Kebabs taste good, but cost about $9. burgers also good, but again, about $9. BK, nasty, gross, no protien options for the silly veggies like myself, I can get a whole freaking meal, with onion rings *and* fries, and a choco shake, for 9$. teh suxorz.

Of course, I could just go to the grocery store instead, drop $2 and wander home with a bag of chips. Slightly healtier and much cheaper, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to happen. So yes, it is possible to burn out on junk food. And then to do it again with a different type.

So today I, lazyjayn the outstanding (healthy ego) pledge to actually cook. Like, every day. If I wants onion rings, I will damned well make them. If I wants fries, I will make them. If I wants pizza I will put in and order with.. er, I mean, I will makes it. Yeah, really. And when I wants junk food I will sit in my bed looking stupid with my stomach hurting untill I give in and find something to eat.

After all, it's not like I haven't got anything here to eat. I have piles of stuff- including enough popping corn to feed a small army. Do I use it? no. I even have easy snacky stuff, like dried fruit and nuts, which I don't eat. I've even been too lazy to make tea, for bob's sake.

Instead, I'll walk ten minutes to the grocery store, spend money I shouldn't, and walk tn minutes back. In 20 minutes, I could have had mac and cheese, even made from scratch. Or pasta salad. Or sammiches. Or pizza, if I was too lazy to let it rise. Or falafel from a box, or, or, or. It's not like I haven't got stuff here to cook with. I've filled an entire shelf with food. Like, jammed in there, piled on top of itself, overflowing to another shelf, filled.

I think i just like grocery shopping.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment