January 15, 2007

communication

The university sent me a cute little "happy birthday" e-mail, with a photo of a birthday cake. Gee, thanks, all of the pretty with none of the taste. And to make it even more personal, they put my student ID number at the top of it, so I'd know it was meant for me. Good to know they've got that all automated. I mean- good to know they care.

One of the flatmates is coming by tomorrow, bringing her mother, for some interview since she's changing majors. That'll be interesting. I don't think I've seen her since we signed the lease. So... beginning of November?

And to make things interesting, a story-

A couple months ago I bought a little whiteboard, because whiteboards are useful, when you've got who knows how many people living in a place, where you may never actually *see* anyone. This morning there was a note about the dishes- Fine, I did mine, and a couple more- I use the same four or five every time, since I'm a mushroom-allergic vegetarian, and the others are mushroom eating omnis. If they'd label the dishes that hadn't had mushrooms on them (I'm not into the puffy hive covered look) I might have done more. Or maybe not- bacon grease is a bitch to get off, and the smell on my hands makes it tough to eat (ooh- shiny new diet idea).

So I go back out to the kitchen and there's a *new* note about how the (cleaning) flatmate didn't know we were only supposed to do our own dishes. And then a short rant.

Dude- I've been in the house all day- if there's a problem, why can't she just wander down the hall, poke her head in my door and say "hey, why didn't you do the rest of the dishes?" Is it that difficult to actually *talk* to a person, instead of leaving a snarky note? Ugh. Guess I gotta go talk to her now. Sometimes, I wish people would be less "fake pleasant" and more "real pissed off". This whole hiding what you feel thing, then avoiding actually confronting people about it, yeah, it pisses me off.

But then- I come from a loud family.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment