January 23, 2007

Contact!

So, I'm spending this week doing labs (and taking some lame test) because I failed at it miserably last time. Ok, not that bad, but still, not good either.

And it's really not as bad as last time. Almost fun. It's amazing what having some vague idea of why you're doing what you're doing does to your enjoyment and speed in lab. Tho I will never be the proud owner of a still. I (always, every time) get either booze over 97C (where they tell me it does not live) , or else watery-booze and boozey water. So no moonshine making for me. Drat.

On a totally different subject- I have finded the most perfect fry combination ever- well, for me, anyway....

Thai hot chili sauce, cajun seasoning, mild curry powder, salt and oil on the fries (chili sauce really doesn't flavor the potato- the rest is for that) dipped in roasted garlic mayo. OMG, I could eat it all day long. Not good for getting back to "pre-NZ" weight, but... well... it taste sooooo goooooooood.

So- roasted garlic mayo-

you need a head (or 2 or 5 or 20) of garlic
enough aluminum foil to wrap each head like.. well, garlic
olive oil (if it's dried out- I found fresh)
cookie sheet
oven
bowl
spoon
fork or food processor or easy to scoop out blender
mayo

Ya takes the garlic, and if it's dried (like most is) you cut off the stem bit, so you can almost see the tops, and drizzle olive oil into them. You can actually skip this totally, but I'm told it's good.
Ya wraps the garlic in the foil (put the bottom of the head in the middle, and fold it up like wrapping a wine (beer?) bottle- you've all tried this, yes?)
Ya tosses the garlic onto the cookie sheet (bottom down) in a 350-ish F oven.
Ya bakes it for... oh, 30 minutes or an hour, or untill it's soft and yummy- whatever.
Ya lets it cool.
ya stores the extra in the fridge- probably double bagged, tho it smells less than unbaked garlic.

Ya takes out the mayo (or whatever ya uses instead of mayo (if ya uses miracle whip, ya be a vile bad person, and may never ever ever tell me about how this tastes)).
Ya puts the mayo in the bowl (or food processor, or blender) with the spoon.
Ya squeezes (squozes?) how ever much garlic ya wants into the mayo (I usually use about 1 clove per tablespoon). Just the smooshy part- not the papery skin.
Ya mooshes (with fork) or blends (with blender) or grinds to death (with food processor) the mayo/ garlic stuff.

Ya eats just about anything dipped in it (not breakfast or desert, me thinks, tho... like cajun seasoning, even this has places it do not go).

Ya can use the extra garlics (extra? me not got extra yet....) in just about anything. Like soup. Or burgers. Or scramble-ed eggs. Or tacos. But not apple pie. I don't think. Or ya mooshes the garlics up with some salt and just eats it like that- on just about anything (again, not pie). And then you scares off hot people, vampires, and everyone that doesn't like garlic. But ya doesn't gets ulcers, and mosquitoes ignores you. Unless you eats bananas. But people that eats bananas is sick an deserve to get eaten by mosquitoes.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment