October 30, 2006

countdown to the end

My first exam starts tomorrow at, oh, about this time.

By 5.30pm a week from today, I will be done for the semester. By 7pm I should be on my way to Wellington, and from there (wed morning) back to the states for 2 weeks of food and cheap fun.

I started studying for tomorrows exam today, still have a pile to go over for the one the day after, and haven't even started on the one next week. I haven't started packing, or arrainged a place to store my stuff. I don't have my hostel bed booked in wellington. I have a pile of crap the size of an airplane hangar to do, and just haven't started most of it yet.

I would like to thank the p-sychology lecturer, tho, for putting up an exact description of what we need to know for each part of the test- with all options. Really going to save me studying time.

For the people reading this (I don't know who you are, just that you do) is there anything you'd actually like to see, or is the screaching twisting metal death of my normal train-wreck like life/ school stuff good enough?

oh, right, and another recipe to taunt you with-

mini quesadillas
  • meat (or tofu, beans, fake meat, veggies) about 1/4- 1/2 cup
  • cheese- whatever ya got, shredded, another 1/4-1/2 cup.
  • chopped onion- as much as you want
  • chopped jalapenos- if you want
  • wonton wrappers (you can get them pretty cheap and frozen at most of the import food shops here- I get mine at davis trading co.)
  • water
  • cooking oil
  • frying pan

put the oil in the frying pan (don't really need it, but the wonton wrappers be sticky) and heat it untill it's good enough to cook with. Not too hot tho- k?
all the wonton wrappers should be wet on one side as you put this together. You should be able to fit 2 or 3 mini quesadillas in the frying pan at a time.
lay out a couple wrappers, wet side up. Put some of the meat, cheese, onion, and whatever else you want in your 'dilla in the middle- not too much, you want the edges to seal. Cover each one with another wrapper, wet side down, and press to seal the edges. Toss them into the frying pan and cook 'em like you would for normal-type quesadillas. Keep going untill you run out of fillings or get sick of cooking.

eat them whole if by yourself, with or without sourcream and fresh guac, or cut them into boats (diagonals, ya know?) for appetizers.

Whatever you do- don't try baking them on parchment paper- that way lies hell. Trust me...

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment