October 29, 2006

Got my practical back

Not quite sure what they were looking for on some of the questions, now that I look back over it. Deff. more than I gave them.

I don't know. Somehow, I prefer to come out of a test certain that I screwed up, then be pleasantly surprized when I pass, than think I rocked it, only to find out that I missed one or two more points that I think I should have. Thinking you've failed miserably gives you that happy feeling when you pass- even if it's only with a 50.0001%.

when I think I've done well, I mentally assign a number, based on my (apparantly) backwards american system of assigning grades, in which an A is 90-100, B 80-90, C 70-80 and so on down to fail at <60. So even tho an 85 might be an A here, it still feels like a middle of the road B. And a 76.whatever feels like a C. Which is close enough to failing in my mind that it kinda brings me down. Ya know?

Meanwhile, unless the rest of the class kicked some serious butt on the test, here it's a B+. Now if that's not grade inflation, I don't know what is....

In general, looking at my numbers, and knowing what I can and have done on tests, I'm looking at something between 1c, 1B+ and 2A-'s or else 1pathetic fail 2 b's and a b-. I'm really really hoping not that second one. I don't need any more pathetic fails.

Ah well, another week and a bit of studying for this, then it's off to NY, with built in summer school studying time on the plane both ways. With some actual work (new concept for me, ok- it's taking a while to really sink in....) I should be able to pull off at least an A in that damned summer school class. Heck, a chunk of the grade is homework. About half of which I could probably do now. And the mid-term only counts if it raises your final grade. And I *am* retaking the labs, I think- no reason to miss out on half a dozen or so points just because I'm lazy. Maybe they'll let us make caffeine this time....

Ok, back to studying and waiting for my new jeans. And cleaning. And playing neopets games. And re-doing my grade calculations. And my budget for NY. And my budget for the summer. And looking at furniture. And .... yeah.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment