October 17, 2006

What can you get in NZ for $20 at the store, and ~$60 flat shopping

Groceries will look wrong, I know.
I spended a whopping 20 dollars (ok, actually $19.44) and now you lucky bastards get to hear what kidna junk I got. It's to help you budget, honest. Not just because I like showing everyone my junk food filled shopping list (note- no soda this time... I give it a day)

so without further whassname, my groceries

Yummy gourmet potato chips, 5oz 2.08
baked beans, about 12oz 4 @ .67 ea
tortilla chips ~14oz 2.50
refried beans ~16oz 3.05
aspergrass ~9oz 2.43 (I can get it from an office in aghort 3 for $5, but never have cash)
8oz onion .43 (monster onion beast)
zuchinis ~2lbs 4.28 (reduced in little baggies)

(yes, I live on this kinda stuff)

and a pack of black ball point pens 1.99

cause the absentee voter thingy says I gotta use black. So I did. Oh, yeah, I voted- Will you? (but no cute sticker)


And for $60 ish in rent?

i looked at a place today. Big. Really big, huge yard, all kinds of plants, fruit trees, all that crap.
67/week.

It's not even in a total student neighborhood, so it's quiet.

Problems?

no heating, damp, icky, needs to be painted, they don't really trim the lawn as often as they should, and they seem to be running a zoo there.

Two fifth year vet students, a masters student (who's leaving) and a science/ business major (graduating) have:
a dog
a cat
some birds
two rats
a chinchilla
and whatever's living in the attic.

It's also kinda rather run down, but at 67 a week, i really don't know that I can complain. So on my list it goes, and I'll check out the other places at about 60 a week. Ones where they don't do the whole "we each cook one night" thing. Because I'll end up cooking for everyone one night, and for me every night. Damn my veggie-ness! but not enough to change.

ugh. want soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment