October 18, 2006

a mysterious package!

So I woke up from my nap- soda free day #1 has been cancelled, btw, I don't have time to sleep 18 hours a day untill I get over it- and checked the mail, cause, see, I'm waiting for a package.

Two pairs of jeans to be precise. That i ordered waaay back in august, when I realized that what I brought just wasn't gonna make it. That I had shipped to my mother. Who was then supposed to speedily ship them to me in one or two large flat rate envelopes.

Short side note- the USPS has these things called flat rate envelopes. They come in small and large. You can cram them full of whatever fits, and so long as it's less than 4 pounds, and the thing closes, your stuff airmails its way around the world. In 3-10 working days. large ones cost 9.50 each, small about 5.50.

So my mother, I suppose, decides that the jeans, which I've told her I really really need, and I've described the flat rate package thing, and told her to use my money card. So anyway, yeah, she ships them sea mail. 3-5 weeks, if they don't fall off the boat, or get lost, or what ever. And it probably cost her about 15$.

So anyway, It's been about three and a half weeks since she sent them (and she's the speediest sender I have in my family- Hi mom!) . Theoretically they could show up any day now. So I'm super checking the mail. Like 4 times a day. Because one pair of jeans with holes everywhere, one pair cut off at the knees, and one pair developing a hole just to the inside of the front pocket are really not ok.

So today, there was a package slip! I was sooooo excited! I was sure it was my new pants. (yes, I do live in a fantasy world, why?). So I went to fetch my package, which I was sure, certain, 100% knew, had to be my jeans. And get soda. Damned soda.

And it wasn't. It was my extramural book for summer school. All o-chem all the time. assignments and everything.

So I guess i have something to do on the plane now, when I go visit home after finals, since I sure as hell can't play with my computer without a screen.

Yep, I can read my chem stuff, and make lame-o flash cards. and get really really drunk on cheap free wine.

maybe tomorrow they'll get here, and I can figure out why I bought brown cords when I only own black shirts...

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment