November 1, 2006

Exams Underway!

In and out of my psych exam in a little over an hour and a half. Would have been faster, but I wrote down example answers on the scratch paper, and that took a good 20 minutes. 75 multi choice in about 20 minutes, then the rest of the time for the "short" answer.

Don't know how I did. I think I answered most of the questions. No idea on the multi choice. Might have bombed that. The essays should be better, I think. A lot was either common knowledge, or easy enough to pick up from the power points. 'cause, yeah, I never made it back to the library to finish reading the book.

I know studying makes grades go up, and I know that if I want to be where I wanna, I need to study, but it's very much deminishing returns. I can get a B spending maybe 10 hours on a class all semester. Higher than that, the time goes up exponentially. I know, I know, I need the study skills, picking up the basics and filling in with background knowledge will only get me so far, If I don't actually *learn* the stuff, I'm just wasting my time and money.

And when the subject is at least moderately interesting to me, I do enjoy it better when I know what's going on, keep up, go more into the background and extra reading and stuff. But... When it's boring- like a bunch of the stuff this semester, and holds less than no appeal, I just can't drag myself to do it. And then that flows over into the other classes, and before I know it, I want nothing to do with school again. And then the grades do the nasty thing, I feel like an idiot, and it all starts again.

Ah well. I think this is enough time to waste from my mammal bio study. I do actually need to learn the stuff for it. Since it starts in about 8 hours, I should probably at least have read all the notes, and the sections from the book, as well. I'm halfway thru- it won't kill me. Or take too much longer. Somehow, what takes them an hour to lecture only takes me 15 or 20 minutes to read. But I do need to get back to it. 8 hours is cutting it a bit close.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment