October 22, 2006

Let the studying begin!

It's study break. I might have mentioned this already. I, unfortunatly, am really really good at the break thing, not so much the study part, so....

In order to not feel bad about spending a huge chunk of money, and two weeks of total happiness back home, I need to do well on my exams. And not spend more than another 5$ on food before I go. Since it's only about two and a half weeks untill I go, and I, as usual, have enough food for 4 hungry men/ boys for months, the food thing shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Sudying, tho...

To give you an idea- it's been study break for... oh, 6? 7? days now, and I still haven't actually done any *studying*. I checked my grades. I goofed off online. I found a place to live. Now,tho, I need to study.

What do I mean by study?

Well, first, I need to finish up the stuff for the Group Project from Hell. So hunt down my referances and finish up some critical summaries and annotated biblo-BS.

Before or after that's done, I need to read 1/2 a psychology book, and flip thru the powerpoints for the lectures that go along with it. Then I need to look at the suggested areas the test covers and see if I can tell myself all about them from 8 different angles. Or at least have some idea what the discussed idea/ item/ whatever actually *is*. I give this 10 hours max before I'm ripping my hair out.

And I need to go thru a stack about an inch and a half thick of (6 to a side, double sided) powerpoints and associated readings from, oh, every bio anatomy and physiology book ever published for mammals, make sure I can answer the questions/ know the ideas behind the main points, and go over the random other stuff that always seems to show up in these classes. This is easy 20 or 40 hours of actually being interested. Maybe even more!

And then, or perhaps, and first- I need to teach myself all the stats stuff I was too lazy/ bored/ annoyed to learn during the semester. which is, oh, most of a book, a stack of powerpoints mostly straight from the book, and this online book thing that's gotta have another couple hundred or thousand pages of crap, all of which I have to learn well enough to pass the damned exam, and pass it well. Without spending any time on this at all I already want to gouge my eyes out. So I'll pace myself on this one. Figure I can cover a week of class in 3 hours, right? so I'll do one hour three times a day untill my head falls off. every day. ick.

So, knowing this, what am I doing tonight? Well... common sense would tell me to go thru at least some of the stats stuff, since it's online, and I don't need the library for it. Or go over some powerpoint slides for one of the other classes.

What am I actually doing? Probably taking a shower, washing my hair, cleaning off my desk, and watching a movie or three... maybe casablanca. Or pitch black. Something nice and brainless. I can study tomorrow. Since it's a holiday and everything is closed. Maybe I'll skip the desk cleaning. I can use that to procrastinate tomorrow. Can't do it all at once, ya know- I'd have to actually do the important stuff!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment