October 24, 2006

Things I've learned this week-

In no particular order- and yes, I know, there's nothing about bio, stats, or p-sychology in there- that's because I haven't actually started studying yet. Or packing. Or looking for furnature. Oops.

  • I need a break
  • I don't have time to take it now
  • Procrastination, like crime, doesn't pay.
  • I *don't* need to watch that movie/ read that book *now*
  • When you're too cheap to buy your textbooks, you gotta get to the library to check them out *while they're still there*
  • Beer is good
  • Drinking soda and munching junkfood will not help me get in shape for NY. It will help me get in *a* shape, but not one I want
  • Bicycles are evil, and are patiently plotting your downfall every second of their pathetic, non-motored lives
  • Bicycle seat at the right height makes it a lot easier to ride
  • Mens bicycle seat, however, be harmful to the girly bits
  • You gotta believe- in the outstanding ability of the mets to screw up when things were going so very well
  • 3-5 weeks may actually mean 3-5 months- splurge on the flat rate envelope!

So, no, my new jeans are still not here, and I've developed wicked lust for the sweaters and the car coat at gap.com, and my bikini hasn't shipped yet, and might not before I leave the states. But other than that, everything's good.

Oh yeah, another thing I learned? You don't want the brand new, just out of training call center rep who not only doesn't know what she's doing, but also can't actually speak english yet. Tho she was *very* helpful, efficient would have been nicer. And she forgot to give me her "american" name.

All in all an amusing call. Deff. better than trying to talk to the automated dude at united. I hate that guy. A lot. (learned this more than a year ago, so not this week)

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment