February 12, 2007

one year ago today

One year ago today I was running around San Jose like a mad woman, desperately searching for my passport. You can read about it here, if you like.

Ok, Actually, that's what I was doing earlier in the day a year ago today. A year ago right now today I was sitting in my aisle seat, watching movies, snacking on the (not bad) air NZ food, and hoping the sleeping people next to me didn't need to get up while I was asleep. and wearing the same jeans I've got on now. Guaranteed to make any customs or border official turn you away at the window.

No years ago today, I took a quiz, and barely passed it, hit the half way point on my homework, which should have been in last week, bought yummy stuff at an asian grocer that has, well, just about everything else too, avoided doing my studying (oops) took a nap, bought Indian food I can't afford, plotted world domination (not really) picked up enchilada making stuff, and got accosted by store security while grocery shopping at the countdown. Anyone who knows what I look like might wonder, as I did, what the "ideal" shoplifter in NZ looks like, 'cause I hate getting followed around stores. Maybe if i didn't wear such well ventilated jeans?

and did i mention my nap? but now, it being monday and all, I have to get all the rest of my stuff done. and if you're nice i'll maybe give you a "what I did a year ago today" post again tomorrow- featuring the very long, very spinny corridors of the auckland international terminal, and the really cool non-security at the domestic terminal.

fun fun.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment