March 3, 2010

In which the intrepid heroine gets a car

I was going to do a whole huge update on the first, but I haven't paid all my bills yet, and I want to get my papers organized (and my budget worked out) before I do that.

In the meantime, I have a car! i found it on the craigslist of wonderful +2, and it ended up being even less than it was advertised for. And the lady selling it was super nice. When there was a problem with the title she came all the way out to the middle of nowhere (that's where I live, again) to fix it. Super super nice.

So I am now the proud owner of a $600 car. Which has also so far cost $178 to insure (6mo's), $12.39 in property tax, $69 to title, register, and licence, and $17.40 in gas.

But don't worry, it's going to get more expensive fast- cheap cars always do. I need to replace the bulb in one headlight, one brakelight, some hose (which may or may not leak gas), a couple bumper stickers (not really a ron paul kinda girl, ya know?), and the wiper blades.

And someday, if I'm very very good, the stereo and speakers.

Oh, and it needs an oil change, but don't they all?

did i mention the bit where I keep going squee? Why are the most exciting things in life so often the expensive ones?

One goal, done! Now i just have to pay dad back and fix it up.

Squee.

No comments:

Post a Comment