March 31, 2010

Student Loans

My student loan servicing people called. They wanted to let me know that I'm no longer enrolled in school. I was surprised- I thought it would take them almost twice this long to figure it out. Only one of the loans starts collecting soon, and I need to start working on the "hardship" paperwork now, since they want $50 by the middle of this month. The rest either haven't caught up to me (unlikely), or have some more deferral time left.

Of course, if I go back to school part time, they all go back into deferral. But I just moved states, so that's not likely to fix anything just now. Indeed, paying out of state tuition would cost much, much more than just paying the stupid loans.

right now my estimated monthly payments on all my debts are about twice my (minimum) living expenses. Actually a little more. Cutting out all the fun stuff, all the wiggle room, and all the soda (sob), my monthly living expenses are only about $500. If my other loans only come out to $300 a month, I'll be paying more than $1100 a month on debt repayment- and that's just the minimums.

So I need a job. Or jobs. And someone needs to tell all these people hiring minimum wage, open availability, 10 hours a week that for a max of $72.50 a week they don't get open availability. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment