September 15, 2010

Payment Day, But No Payment

So... I held off on this one, giving them a chance. I'm sure there's some reasonable reason for me not getting my paypal-ed dollars today from the ad network I use on teh other blog, but forked if I can figure out what it is. It's totally possible that they're sending me a check, having missed the bit where I decided (about 2 months ago, now) to skip the waiting and just use the electronic transfer-ness.

Which kinda sucked, since I had an appointment to go to, and not enough gas money for a round trip. And not enough money to pay for the appointment. (I did make it, BTW)

Magic Dad to the rescue.

Which makes me feel like crap, of course, and if I were able to be motivated right now, the idea of never calling him for money again would do it. Too bad motivation = 0 right now.

Anyway, he loaned me some more money, and I'm adding it to the list. I think I owe him about $4,000 right now. Wrote down what I remember and added it all up while I was waiting earlier today. That's almost 7 times the cost of my car. It's more than my smallest student loan.

So it feels like crap, but I'm glad he's there. And I think he likes being able to help without dealing with anything messy, and getting to pester me about what kind of late-retirement he expects. Looks like the state home is out. Oh wells.

Now if only the forking ad network would pay me....

2 comments:

  1. Either your Dad should consider the money he gives you a gift or you should consider the future. True story: my sis-in-law has been borrowing from her parents for yrs. She is now 72 yrs old and into my MIL for at least $15k. Her daughter also borrowed from Gram to the tune of $10k. Now Gram is 92 and lives w/ SIL. SIL still works (she has too, tons of bills) AND takes care of her Mom. SIL has tons of health problems and so does her Mom, but SIL has to cook, clean, do laundry and empty the potty chair for her Mom. She will never be able to pay her back the money she owes, but Mom is exacting a heavy toll by all she expects of her daughter. Afterall, as she has told me many times, "she owes me!" As they say, paybacks are h#$%! Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, believe me, I get that. Borrowing from him also means he gets some say in how I live. Not on my list of things to do.

    So far as when he's super old? My parents (m,d, &sd) all *want* to be responsible for themselves. Realistically, though, when they get to the point where they can't take care of themselves anymore, I'll probably be the one to take care of them. Preferably with them in different countries that have cheap labor and decent health care :) When I was a kid both sets of grandparents had at least 1 of their parents living with them eventually, it's not really *expected* but it is what we do.

    But yeah, Dad is ahead of credit cards on my pay off list, and so far ahead of student loans it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete