September 22, 2010

Dear Santa...

I've been a very good girl this year, if you ignore the whole quitting my job, moving across the country thing. And the not getting a new job thing. And the ongoing depression, borrowing money, and not paying all my bills stuff (oops, didn't I mention that last one? Hello, more student loan forbearance).

But I haven't killed anyone, or physically robbed any banks, or forced my attentions on anyone. That counts as good, I think.

This year for (insert random winter holiday here) I'd like quiet roommates. Or no roommates. And if I *do* end up spending more than one month of next year in this state/ country, could that quiet home please be in a place where I can walk to stuff, like cafes and shops, and the library, and parks and things?

Alternately, the motivation to get that stuff on my own would work. Or a huge pile of coal to sell might pay for it....

Mi casa es muy loud. srsly. Forking boys.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your roommates... I know by heart how noisy housemembers can wreak havoc. You don't have a library/park/cafe nearby?

    Headphones do work, as a very last resort. Well, not with neighbors-will-call-the-police-if-you-don't-shut-that-music-down type of noise, but for humanely acceptable type noises, headphones can do wonders. Or laying your head between matresses, worst comes to worst.

    PS: Very nice on the Spanglish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put in a good word for you with Santa. I enjoy your blogs, so you are making at least one person (that you don't even know) happy so hey, consider that a success! Good luck with all your troubles--we all have them, the secret is to not let them get to you (easier said than done;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ- The roommates are on a backward schedule, so they're loudest from about 10pm-3am, then again from 5-8am. Not exactly library/ park/ cafe time.

    I have ear plugs, and they work okay, I just never expect it. They seem to be in a loud anime phase right now, two months ago it was WoW on Vent with the volume all the way up. I'd try the mattress thing, but they're wrapped in vinyl to keep the bedbugs in/ out. Maybe if I put the RM's heads between mattresses? j/k

    Cyndee- Thanks, I can use all the help with Santa I can get. I'm sure there's a lesson in all the crap I'm putting myself through--something like "look before jumping, idiot"--and I'll figure it out eventually. Otherwise, I'm sure I make a great warning to others.

    Maybe Santa will bring me that free, jackpot winning Powerball ticket I keep asking for. I've given up on the whole Vin Diesel/ Viggo Mortensen thing. I'll *never* be good enough for that.

    ReplyDelete