June 11, 2010

Building Something from Nothing- part 5

So I brought in 116 and change so far (plus $5 that went.. somewhere- let's count that for the $3 or4 photo hosting cost me back in march...).

What I've spent so far is $42 for hosting for my shiny new site. It's a work in progress, of course, but it's working...

I've also spent $8.59 on a book for the review site. It's a book I wanted, it just came out, and i really like the author, so I would have bought it anyway. the domain for the review site shouldn't cost more than $7, and it'll be hosted at teh same place as the other site, so the only real expense there (other than time) is the domain and books. hopefully I can make part of that go away pretty quick.

I'm doing pretty good on my adsense goal, I'm right about where i wanted to be, but it's a long month, and plenty can still go wrong.

I need to do a lot of writing, I just haven't yet. I need to write articles for the site, since I've already got something up, and it just looks sad and abandoned now. I also need to write the review for the book I'm reading (which is actually why this is a little late today), so I can get it up on not only my site (which I still need to pick up), but also on the various online book sellers. woot?

So yeah, that's now. Halfway through the month.

This earning money thing is actual work. Who'da thunk it....

No comments:

Post a Comment