May 31, 2010

End of Month Update- May 2010

Pretty much flubbed all goals this month.

What *did* get done-
  • Paid rent (mostly)
  • Bought gas for car
  • Talked to CC companies (wasn't on list, happened anyway)
  • Bought Domain/ Hosting ($42/yr) for to build useful website on.
What didn't get done-
  • Everything else
Srsly. I turned in applications, had an interview, tried the motivated thing. No job, no writing done, I didn't even level my WoW character.

At this point, to say anything other than "Holy Carp I'm depressed" would pretty obviously be a big stinky lie. It has a lot to do with how I sell myself (or not) during interviews, cover letters, and on applications. After all, if I think I'm useless, I'll have a hell of a time convincing someone that I'd be a good addition to their company.

It also stops me from doing other stuff that needs to get done. I have a domain and hosting for a website, but nothing to put on there. My room looks like a soda bottle recycling plant, a library, and a tall chicks clothing store puked all over it. Oh, and I'm about 6 months behind on filing paperwork in my little folder of "wow, I has a big pile of debt". Heck, I have photos all ready to go for a couple different projects, and I've done nothing with them- it's too much effort to plug the camera into the computer and move the files.

Only good point to the no-motivation thing? I've no motivation to do *anything* requiring effort- so no physical self harm, just a whole lot of telling myself I suck. I knew the whole "super lazy" thing would come in handy some day.

So, yeah... May was pretty much a total wash. I owe dad closer to $2500 now, too.

One positive- I didn't hit my goal (because I really didn't try), but I did make about $15 this month from adsense. That's better than nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment