May 7, 2010

Crap Jobs are Tough to Find

You wouldn't think it'd be that tough to find a job. I mean, everyone has crap they don't want to do. They pay other people to do it. All i'm looking for is one mindless crap job that pays enough to cover the rent and some random life expenses. I can work on the rest once I have that first one.

Somehow, through lack of caring, I've managed to end up with a very thin band of jobs that people are willing to hire me for. And in the rather inbred world of Charleston, that list is even shorter. Can't just have receptionist experience, has to be *exactly* that business type- to the point that there are places looking for not just medical front desk experience, but *in that exact specialty*.

I know that there's an over abundance of labor in the area, but really? There are places looking for jobs an actual baby monkey could do, and they want someone with a degree for it- oh, and they'll pay them the princely sum of 8 dollars an hour. WTF

So back I go to server jobs. Because I don't think anyone's ever going to claim you need anything more for a server job than a halfway decent memory and the ability to lie at the drop of a hat. And I can manage both of those.

It should be clear from my "job type" goal that I'm not looking to build a career here. I think I'd honestly go bat sh*t crazy if I had to spend the rest of my life here. But I do need enough money to get me to February. Well, and let me build my "something from nothing."

Meanwhile, I'm not even hearing back from fast food places.

Oh well. I'm sure something will happen eventually- either I'll get a job, or I'll give up and run off, all irresponsible-like. I'd almost rather have the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment