May 14, 2010

Building Something from Nothing- part 3

I don't intend to pay for any advertising- yet. Google, to try and get me hooked on AdWords , sent me a "card" for $100 in advertising. While it's not enough to drive any really interesting traffic, it *will* get me some at the start. Most hosting comes with some "free" advertising bundled into the sign-up, so I'll probably pick some up there too.

After that, though, I've got to bring the money in before I can send it back out. To bring money in I need real, organic traffic. To bring in that traffic I'll have to give in and do some (free) article marketing and some (bo-ring) SEO. Which means I need to do keyword research on my topics, in addition to normal research on them.

If I had the money and didn't care I could hire someone else to do it for me. Again, though, we run into the time, money, quality equation, and as I have no money I'll just have to spend time. Which is hopefully going to become a slightly more scarce resource soon. Until then, though, Ihave plenty of work to do.

After a month, I might spend some money on an ad at a genre site to advertise my review page. I haven't decided yet. They're full month ads on a pretty busy site, so I'd get some exposure, but it'd take up most of the rest of the money I've "earned" so far.

I can decide later. For now I need to write articles, search keywords, read books, think about layout, and a million other things. Oh, and I need to do life stuff too. Meh, who needs sleep, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment