November 5, 2006

A kinda productive day

So I set my alarm for 6.45- I was feeling optimistic at 2 this morning. Yeah, slept thru that one, reset it in my sleep for 8.45.

and 9.45.

at which point I realised that if I wanted to get *anything* done, I really really really needed to get going.

So I pulled out my trusty PDA, made a list of about a dozen things I needed to do, made them all priority one or two, and goofed off online untill about 1. Then I got to work on my list of errands.

Today so far I have:
  • Transfered money into my NZ account- that I spend thru waaaay too fast. Gotta work on that- go back to cash, maybe.
  • paid my bond and retainer for summer.
  • checked on getting a small bottle of contact solution, which I couldn't get.
  • Got a copy of my presription for my contacts- acuvue2 are 60 or 70$ a box here- even with the exchange rate, I'll save more than half the price
  • checked out matresses at the fancy store I can't afford
  • bought my bus ticket on the bus that leaves 40 minutes before my exam finishes- guess I'll just have to be speedy, huh?
  • got a copy of my bank info
  • checked on cheap stuff in NYC
  • Dropped off my bond form, and got out without being drooled on by the freaky looking poodle thing or the spawnlings.
  • sorted out what I think I want to bring to NY
  • checked my reservations- plane and hostel
  • listened/ watched the kenya clip. again.
Now I just have to pack what I'm taking with me, what I'm leaving behind and my food... Toss or recycle everything else, move my bike to covered storage, copy out info for the trip- cheap food and free days at the museums and whatnot-, shift the stuff to the boy, or arrange storage tomorrow, clean the room, study stats, shower, and turn in my bond return form.

Oh, yeah, and get ready/ go to dinner with the boy. And it's raining again. Damned rain.

Oh, and tomorrow? tomorrow I just have to check out, take my test, check for my damned pants, and... um... oh, yeah, not miss the bus or lose my passport. Probably something else, but I don't remember what it is....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment