September 21, 2006

some light at the end of the long dark scary computer free tunnel

but with my luck, it's just a big angry train heading straight at me.

So the fix-it people still can't find the part. Or rather, their supplier still won't call them back about the part. Note, one spiffy quick call to fujitsu us, and it coulda been fred-exing its cute little way across the pacific. If I do this again, I think I'll just buy a new one. they could build it and ship it to me in waaay less than half the time. And then I could just ship this one back to mom... she'd love me for at least a week.

but, on a happy note, the fix-it guy says to call on wednesday (also known as.... 4+ weeks after I dropped it off) and they (or someone) should have some actual info for me.

Let this be a lesson to all of you going overseas for school-

Unless you already have a notebook, try not to buy one before moving. They are a total bitch to get fixed. I'm assuming that ease of fixing changes depending on what country you happen to be in. The NZ system seems to work rather like the southern US system, and you'll note that neither is a financial or technological powerhouse.

Does this mean that I'd order a replacement from over here?

Hell no! they're far more expensive, totally not willing to customize, and honestly, I want the one I want, not the one they happen to have made up there in the shop. It's like buying a car off the lot- sure, you can take it home today, but it's only got a tape deck, and maybe you don't like automatics... damnit, I want the 6 disk changer and the w00t! l33t! clutch thingy, and damn the wait!

dude, if I'm paying 5 grand for something (NZ$) I'm damned well gonna get what I want. just silly to cut 1 or 2 hundred bucks on something you should have for at least 4 years- that's just silly. plus, if you get exactly what you want, you don't go shopping as soon after- you're happier with what you got, dude.

wow, I opened *and* closed that paragraph with the word dude.

What will I do with the next computer, tho?

you bet your ass I'm getting the extended international warantee, and twice as important (and twice the price) I'm getting my grubby little paws on the 3 year, no questions asked, international coverage for the damned screen. I don't care if they have to carry the fucker by hand, walking thru burning desert and swimming shark infested waters to get it to me, I want that damned part!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry- get testy without my baby.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment