September 29, 2006

Laptop lessons

So, they finally tracked down the damned screen. It's going to cost about $1990NZ to replace- that's $1900NZ in parts (the screen) and $90 (about an hour) in labor.

So I'm sending it home, I think. Fred ex, probably. Or maybe I'll be going home myself.

Anyone wanna send me about 1200usd? I take cash and cash. and small change.

So the lessons I learn from this are
  • don't be a freaking klutz!
  • Don't drop heavy stuff on the expensive toy
  • don't be cheap when paying huge piles of money for the expensive toy- get the extra coverage
  • When klutzy, extra coverage isn't optional, it's necessary.
  • always, always, always just skip over the aussie parts dude. He doesn't know what he's looking for anyway.

Um, oh, yeah, and- get the loan thing going the second week they're "looking" for the part, so you can get the replacement before the end of the school year.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment