March 5, 2007

a scary encounter

I thought, really, that I had escaped them when I moved to NZ, but no, they have followed me. I think I have some strange sort of locater beacon in my head or something. BFE texas (fort stockton) at a gas station, in wyoming, south carolina, new york, california, and now, finally here, in NZ.

What am I talking about? the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have found me again. Much easier to get rid of here, tho. I think they're used to a rather less religious prey. So I told them I was Jewish and sent them on their way.

I was born in a Jewish hospital, that's gotta be close enough. The academic advisor in high school thought so, anyway. And who am I do disagree with her?

So yeah, no knock down drag out fight, no pamphlets, no hellfire and badness. I gotta say, the Jewish thing works better here than at home. Maybe because there are only really about 4000 in the whole country. jews for jesus don't count, btw- the jesus thing makes you xian. sorry.

Now that I've offended just about everyone reading this (hello?) I guess I should wander off.

And I promise a real update that doesn't have me running in terror from people trying to make me bob-fearing. A beacon, I tell you.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment