March 15, 2007

Highflyers

So there's a lame restaurant in town called Highflyers. At night it turns into, yep, a lame dance club.

At this lame dance club (with lame dance mixes and puke-smelling very young boys of less than admirable stature) just about every student hooks up at least once. It's a meat market.

And oh my bob does it suck.

Now, sure, if your only goal when you go out at night is to get drunk, dance like an idiot to bad (very very bad) music and get random sex with total strangers ending in a walk of shame the next day, then yeah, it's great. If, however, what you want is a decent night out with good music, decent drinks, and guys that are old enough to drink in the US, it is not the place for you. And indeed, not the place for me.

For tho I get puking drunk on cheap spanish wine, I don't get drunk on jack. I could drink that, or jamison's or even bailey's for weeks and not get drunk. And so groping and drinking and making out on the dance floor is not what I want to do. I want a good solid drinking bar. The kind you find chef's and cooks and waiters at. The kind I don't think I'll ever find here.

but yes, if you are in this town, and you want easy sex (and all the shiny new diseases that come with it) High Flyers is your place.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment