June 9, 2006

clothes (for studying in)

As usual these days, I should be studying. But I'm not.

What I am doing, is trying to decide if I should drop junk food and sugary soda, or just buy all new clothes.

Tough choice, I know. I mean, if I force myself to eat healthy, all I get is healthy eating, and people telling me I look like an animated corpse. If I keep eating junk, I get bad health, yummy food I don't have to cook, and all new clothes. Oh, and fat, but that's kinda off to the side, ya know?

Now normally, I wouldn't worry- I usually have a lovely selection of clothes, some of which show off my belly, and some which don't, but with the strict luggage limits I gave myself (must be able to carry on my own- all around town) I had to leave some things behind- like a second pair of size six jeans, for comfyness. And sweat pants, but I fixed that one.

Which brings me to my problem.

My favorite jeans- the ones that were so very soft when first I tried them on, that I had to buy them. The ones that tore across the backs of the thighs, so most people would stop wearing them. The ones so perfectly soft that they were like wearing flannel pjs- they ripped finally up from the crotch, to the zipper, and are now not wearable in public, even by me.

Which leaves me with two pair of size 4's and these thin stretchy ones I picked up in Cairo. And all are a little tight.

Have I mentioned here yet how very much I hate shopping for jeans? It may have something to do with the freakishly long legs, but I think it's more that I just hate shopping for jeans. Nah, it's the leg thing. I walk into a store, grab a pair that I know won't fit, they don't fit, I feel stupid. Repeat. By the end of the day, I'm ready to chop my legs off, just to get pants that end within an inch of the ground. Closer if possible. But no, my ankles must hang out. They must be on display, they must be ready for sudden painful flooding.

I hate shopping. Healthy food and cooking it is. Meh- cheaper anyway.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment