August 2, 2006

wtf?

Right, so... not a lot of americans come to NZ for school. Like none. And even fewer stick around for more than a couple months. And the US, its people and habits make a really big easy target, right?

now, not to sound like a really whiney obnoxious american, or anything, but why on earth do the lecturers feel the overwhelming need to point out, each and every class, just how superior they are to anything done in the US? and usually with rather ill informed opinions? I don't mind a bit of good natured ribbing, I can deal with that.

but between the prof's taking pot shots (remember, big easy target, different measurement system, spelling, pronunciation, etc) and the idiot 17 year olds who hear my accent and start spewing (again, uninformed) oppinions about the US, and bush, and me as a person from the US, who therefore must have voted for bush (while wearing my repub. for voldy shirt, which really makes me wonder about the education received in NZ), I'm really getting sick of it.

Why the hell can't they bitch about the brittish for a while? or the french, or hell, those crazy whack-jobs just across the tasman? The biggest, easiest target is not always the best choice, and when you're trying to impress others, and look smart, hitting the same point over and over again, on the same big, easy target (think something a blind 2 year old could hit) you just look like an idiot.

This is where my father would say something like "they're just jealous", but I don't think that's really it. Scared maybe? Hmmmm...

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment