March 27, 2006

I guess I need an intro, huh?

So... I'm currently a pre-selection veternary student in New Zealand, I came over here about a month and a half ago. I'm fromthe states.

This is boring.

Ok, So I'm basically your average crazy 27 year old chick, if your idea of average is crazy, and geeky, and way the heck in debt. Oh, yeah, and living on the other side of the world from where they "should". I was looking (pretty seriously) a pastry school just a year ago. Funny what happens in life. Now I'm in NZ, studying to become a vet- well, studying to become a vet student.

Things work a bit differently here, ya know. Back home, it's four years and about 8 gazillion hours of hands on experience to get into vet school, and you better be someone who was turning down full ride scholorships to ivy league schools, or you aren't getting in. Nope, not happening.

I decided, like a looney, to apply over here, tho, and at NZ one and only vet school, all you have to do is get a b average (with no fails) and beat out the other people who do it too. Or you can be silly, take pre-reqs at home, and the GRE, and apply straight into the second semester, or "profesional" portion of the degree. So I have to get a b average (oh, and take some weird test I've never heard of- $80NZ), and be in the top 8 international or full fee students. If I were paying local rates, I'd have to be in the to 74 or so. I like my odds, but I don't like my Organic Chemistry, so that might bring my average down a bit.

On the money front, I'm doing this all on loans. I might work a bit (gots credit cards to pay down) and I'll probably keep some sort of running total on student debt, and probably a bit more than anyone ever wants to know about my budget, and more than I want to know about my credit card balances. Add to that my normal crazy life, and the horror of trying to do the vet thing (in a strange country, no less) and things might get a little hairy, but... That's what makes life fun, right?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an anime!
    I didn't know you had 2 blogs!
    Yay, more to read!

    ReplyDelete